Sunday, August 10, 2014

Comic-Con 2014 The Odds Were Not In My Favor


I had signed up for the Art Show and had three panels to hang art on.
Walking Dead - Comic-Con 2014

A series of unfortunate events began months before July and hit a crescendo on the days of set-up for the art show.  I completely missed out on displaying this year.  So close but oh so far.  The paintings were sitting and waiting for me to bundle them up and attach their little name tags.  Alas... The odds were not in my favor.  Let's just say that whatever could go wrong, went wrong.  A never ending stream of bad juju attached to me and I had to let it all go.  Zen.  Have to be zen.

I did have fun at Comic-Con though.  Even with all the crowds and navigating the hordes while shuffling along with my cane, I did enjoy myself.  The tickets were for Thursday and Sunday, not the holy grail of all days, but I probably would've collapsed if I did all the days now.  Many thanks to my sister for her amazing computer skills in getting the tickets. I'm in awe that she got them. We were reminiscing on how it use to be so different at the convention years ago when our children were small.  It wasn't an impossibly complicated mission like it is now.  And, you could actually see the events and attend some panels!  Comic-Con has just become so huge.

 I actually did fall and roll on the sidewalk near my place before we even got to Comic-Con!  I am just that graceful.  I was so happy I didn't break my glasses or get holes in my clothes, because that would've pissed me off.  I got off  with some beautiful bruising and scrapes on my fingers.. always on the dominant arm/hand. Because that's the way "I roll"... hehh    I'm extremely grateful that my head narrowly missed landing on the cockroach carcass that the ants were feasting on.

My daughter, niece, and sister were all able to hang out on Thursday.  We were able to be the true nerds that we are.  All in all, I did see some amazing art and of course I enjoyed all of the exhibits.  I got my picture with zombies and Klingons.  I checked out the Elio car that will be able to go 84 miles per gallon. 

And yes, all of the paintings will be newly listed on my Etsy Shop in August, so please check back.   

Next year hopefully, the odds will be in my favor and I will live long and prosper. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment