Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holidays Upon Us


With the holidays fast moving in upon us, I have that sinking
feeling I get every year -- that feeling of being totally unprepared.  It's seems as if each year gets shorter and before you know it it's Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas all snowballing over us.  My only hope is that next year will be different!  But that's where it seems to come down to every time this year.

I retreat from the world by getting lost in painting.  Then there is life's day-to-day stuff that always needs to be taken care of, like making sure that the cat litter is clean so I don't get the death dagger looks and ankle ambush attacks from Penny. I have to say that the comforting sounds of a purring cat make it worthwhile. 

I've been working on animal portraits and enjoying it very much.  In between I have the ideas for bigger paintings from dreams and things bouncing around in my brain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment