Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Small things and side notes

Frank is a french bulldog that I never met.  His pictures graced my daughter's phone, as he is the pet of one of her friends.  It was love at first sight when I saw the pictures of Frankie and  I just had to paint him.  I only had time to paint something small, about 2"x3", before my daughter's friend moved  away to San Francisco.  I'm very happy that this little painting now resides with Frank in his new home.  Even though I have never met him, I do miss him.

He did come to visit our home one day.  I am told that  our cat Penny, was not pleased and had a severe lapse in manners; hissing, arching her back, and puffing up like a blowfish...  Frank, on the other hand, was a perfect gentleman.  

Side notes:  I'm still working on paintings for the San Diego Undead Show.  The one I'm working on now takes place somewhere that looks quite similar to "the happiest place on earth", but of course it is not that place.   I will post pictures when I am finished.  I also will post a picture of the zombie girl I was working on first. You can see her eyes in the previous post.  I think she needs eyedrops.  I still want to add some blood spatter, but all in all I think I'm just about done.  I've dubbed that one, "I have a coupon".

For Comic-Con International - I procrastinated much too long on sending in the forms.  I finally was able to send them today.  I hope that I can still get a spot for the art show.  I'm planning to do more paintings on recycled print, only larger in size.  The "Frank" painting is painted on recycled print collage.  Some other examples of the recycled print paintings are on my etsy shop.

 If I get in the show or not, I still have the larger recycled print paintings inside my mind now.. and my brain is getting kind of crowded. They're now part of the art to get out of my brain!

No comments:

Post a Comment