Sunday, August 21, 2016

Onward, I Say!!   Life Between Comic-Cons

Life rolls out a lot of shit.  By the time Comic-Con was open I was still working on paintings that should have been finished way before June!  That's how life rolls.  Shit happens.

"I Have A Coupon" - © Cindy Rodriguez
While setting up at the Comic-Con art show, a lady approached.  She said that she'd previously bought a print of "I Have A Coupon".  She had hung it in her dining/kitchen area.  That made me very happy.  

I asked if she noticed what store the bag represented, wondering if the message was effective.  She did know!  I told her how my daughter's tale of retail horrors inspired me to do this painting.  She laughed and said that she was familiar with those horrors too.

It was so good to hear that people get it.  I often wondered about that.




As we continued hanging the paintings, she decided to buy one of the newest paintings "Interdimensional Trumpocalypse"  This was great!  I should have taken a picture of us together, with her holding the painting.  Why does this happen?  Why do we always think of something after it is done and the opportunity is gone?  I am pleased that this painting was sold.  If you are the lady who bought it, please contact me!  I'd love to have a picture of you holding the painting!

"Interdimensional Trumpocalypse"   2016 © Cindy Rodriguez


 San Diego Comic-Con 2016 - Art Show - Cindy Rodriguez

San Diego Comic-Con 2016 - Art Show Cindy Rodriguez ©  

San Diego Comic-Con 2016 - Art Show Cindy Rodriguez ©

San Diego Comic-Con 2016 - Art Show Cindy Rodriguez ©

 San Diego Comic-Con 2016 - Around the Exhibit Hall -  The Walking Dead

The Walking Dead exhibit - Comic-Con 2016 (rrgargh)


The Walking Dead exhibit - Comic-Con 2016 (batter up)


San Diego Comic-Con 2016 - San Diego Convention Center


San Diego Convention Center - Comic-Con 2016


More Sights inside the Exhibit Hall - Comic-Con 2016

Underworld - Comic-Con 2016
Freddy Krueger - Comic-Con 2016

Friday the 13th - Comic-Con 2016

Bastet? - Comic-Con 2016

Warcraft - Comic-Con 2016
Dark King GOT - Comic-Con 2016

Warcraft - Comic-Con 2016 (where's Travis Fimmel  !!)
No Face - Comic-Con 2016  I got a gold (chocolate) coin for my soul


The life in between Comic-Cons

So, until next year when Comic-Con returns, this is the in-between zone where artwork is frantically worked on for the next.  I'll be painting more until next year's Comic-Con 2017!  

And, I'm also working on paintings for February 2017.  I'll be doing  The Amazing Pet Expo in San Diego County Fair Grounds (aka Del Mar Fair Grounds).  More information to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment